9 Simple But Gorgeous Ideas For Your Wedding Table Decorations
Do you want for your wedding reception to be just as beautiful as the ceremony? Choosing the right wedding table decorations will go a long way in having a reception that everyone will love.
It is sometimes hard to figure out exactly what should go on the tables where your guests will sit and your food will be displayed. There are a few things that you will be able to do in order to be sure that you pick the right things to decorate your tables with.
First of all think of the place you will be having your reception. If you are having it in a catering hall or some similar location they may take care of the decorations for you, but if you are having it in a location where they do not decorate for you then you will want to think of a few other things.
You will want to think what season it will be when you have your reception. Some things can be done for certain seasons to make the reception go with the flow of the outside environment.
Another thing you may want to look at is the theme of your wedding. There is a lot of wedding table decorations that will work perfectly with the theme of your ceremony.
The decorations that you choose will also depend on if you are trying to have a classy reception or one with a relaxed atmosphere. You will not want to decorate the tables with things that are too classy if you are trying to have a relaxed reception, and you do not want to be too relaxed with your decorations if you are trying to have a classy reception.
There is a lot to ponder when it comes to having the perfect reception to go along with your ceremony. If you can narrow down they type of reception you would like to have then it will make choosing the wedding table decorations a whole lot easier. When you plan out what you would like to see at your reception you will get the results that you are looking for.
9 Ideas For Wedding Table Decorations
If you are stuck for some inspiration on how to decorate your wedding tables then read on for some inspiration. Decorating your wedding tables doesn’t have to be an expensive task, with the power of the internet you can search online in minutes for some dazzling inspiration to get your head brimming with ideas that will make your wedding reception look like it was fit for a Hollywood A-lister.
- Rose Petals – Dispersing some rose petals across each table adds a real romantic and warm touch to your venue. It is a lot more elegant than scattering some cheap confetti and it isn’t too expensive. Using colours of deep red, light pink and white creates a beautiful colour scheme that will have guests taking notice of the detail.
- Napkins – Although napkins are primarily for a practical purpose they can be a great weapon in your arsenal for creating a wedding table decoration. There are all kinds of fancy ways that you can fold your napkin to transform it into a piece of ornamental decor. Try putting your napkins around the outside of the glasses and folding it around so that it gives it an almost flower like quality.
- Candles – Candles are a great addition to any wedding table and they can double as cheap wedding favours for your guests to take home too. If your wedding hall is dark and moody candles can create a really effective enchanting light almost as if it were an event straight out of a fairy-tale. You can get almost any type of themed candle too so getting them to fit in with your theme shouldn’t be too difficult a task.
- Chairs – OK you may have raised an eyebrow at this one but the chairs at your wedding should be part of your wedding table decor and overall theme rather than just being a mere accessory to sit upon. You can transform any chair by simply tying some coloured ribbon around the back and making it into a bow.
- Centerpiece – Obviously no wedding table is fully decorated without having some sort of centerpiece as the focal point of the table. You might want to match this up to your wedding theme and go for something more generic like a vase of flowers. Gerbera daisies and Calla lilies are always popular choice as they provoke elegance, nature and class.
- Favour Boxes – A nice touch to your wedding table decor could be some finely crafted favour boxes. It is easy to pick up these online in all sorts of wonderful formats such as heart shapes, purse favor boxes and personalised glass jars etc. These are perfect for popping some little sweets into for guests to take home with them. Styled with some matching ribbon the same colour as you have selected for the chairs can make these a beautiful little trinket to sit on your tables and get your guests excited about the magical contents contained within the favour box.
- Engraved Cards – If you know the seating arrangements and who is sitting where, you could get elegantly designed, laminated cards that have the guests names on them with a little thank you note for each person (or all). Make sure the cards are standing in a simple triangle formation and are facing outward. Simple, cheap, and your guests will love it.
- Fruits – Rather than the same old flowers, why not mix it up with some eye appealing fruits. Small to medium size bowls containing an assortment of different fruits are a cheaper alternative to flowers, yet they look just as pretty if done correctly.
- Tablecloths – This can be seen as a decoration, don’t kid yourself. Rather than a boring, plain white cloth, bring some life to the table by using your wedding’s theme colors. Alternate each tablecloth with a different theme color, and then put napkins on the table with the opposing theme color for an eye popping effect.
- Photos – Get 8-10 before wedding photos of you & your soon-to-be spouse, make lots of copies of each, buy inexpensive picture frames in bulk, start decorating! 3 pictures facing outward in a triangle formation make for a fantastic wedding table decor centerpiece.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Sean_Saunders/61807, http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Devlin_Graham/71573, http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Elizabeth_Wolfe/446895